Candle Care by The Gift Company
Wicks + 5mm = Less Soot
We like to keep our wicks at around 5mm in length. If you want an even burn, steady flame and less sooting & mushrooming of the wick then 5mm is the magic number. Also, keeping wicks centred & standing upright will result in less soot.
If soot does form on the inside of your jar, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
Say no to draughts
Protect your precious candle from draughts. Draughts decrease overall burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
Extinguish with a Snuffer
This prevents smoking and hot wax from splattering. If you do blow it out, do so very gently. Then straighten wick & ensure wick is in the centre of jar.
Restart if there is smoking, flickering or high flame
These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for draughts before re-lighting. Best burning means flame is not flickering, is teardrop shaped and standing centred & upright.
Always read the safety instructions!
Please read the safety instructions carefully before enjoying your Urban Rituelle candle.
- Never burn your candle unattended. Extinguish all candles when leaving the room or going to sleep.
- Do not burn your candle near flammable materials or flammable liquids. Eg curtains.
- Burn candle on a flat, sturdy, heat & fire safe surface.
- Keep out of reach of children & pets.
- Burn away from draughts to prevent smoking.
- Do not touch or move candle whilst burning; extinguish and allow to cool first.
- Keep wax free of any debris.
- Do not burn for longer than 4-5 hours. Extensive burning times can lead to smoking, sooting, or overheating.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass. Keep wick centred & away from edge.
- Do not use if glass jar is damaged or broken.
- Discard candle once wax has burned down to 6mm from base of glass.